1) Toca Train- Harper got his first train set for his birthday this year. He loves this app! Toca Train is not a game – it’s a toy where you and your kids decide what you want to do. Where do passengers want to get off? At what stop should you unload the crate of pears? Your kids imagination is the only limitation! Just like a toy train set. Super Cute!!
2) Fish School- At the moment, this is Harper’s absolute favorite. I think he would play it all day if we let him. Ever since we took him snorkeling with us in Hawaii he has been intrigued by fish. Children learn while playing with colorful schools of fish which magically transform themselves into different letters, numbers, shapes, colors and more. Fish School includes 8 fun educational activities that will engage children:
3) The Monster at the End of This Book…starring Grover! I think this is my favorite app. It is really cute and fun and interactive. Join lovable, furry old Grover as he tries his very hardest to tie down pages and build brick walls— all to keep readers away from the monster at the end of this book.
4) Elmo’s Monster Maker- Harper is OBSESSED with Elmo. As a matter of fact, he loves Elmo so much, he managed to throw Elmo in his bath (water and all) and kill the $80 Rock N’ Roll Elmo. But he still carries it around and plays with it so I guess I can’t get too mad. For this app, you choose a monster body and touch its face to give it eyes, nose and a hat—there are lots and lots and lots to choose from. When you’re done, Elmo will dance and play with your monster!
5) Blue Hat, Green Hat- I bought him this one because they are currently having a Thanksgiving SALE!! I thought a “turkey app” was appropriate to purchase this time of the year. All Loud Crow Apps on for $2.99!! This book is based off of Sandra Boynton’s famous and funny book, comes alive with sound and zestily ingenious interactivity. This wonderfully clever digital book app will surprise kids and grownups alike. Turkeys may also enjoy it, if they can ever figure out how to turn the dang thing on.
6) Peekaboo Barn- He still loves this app. Right now the barn is decorated with snow and lights for the holiday season and inside the little bouncing barn, friendly farm animals are waiting to pop out and surprise your little one. Try and guess who they are; tap the doors to find out!
7) Letters A to Z - Harper just learned his alphabet. It is so cute. He will say almost all of the letters but whenever he gets to the letter “M” he says, “Momma” instead of “M”. I have no idea why but of course I think it is the cutest thing ever. This app is captivating set of animated flashcards designed to help toddlers and preschoolers learn the letters of the alphabet in a fun and engaging way. Each flashcard contains adorable characters and creatures that come to life in beautifully illustrated scenes accompanied by silly sound effects. I think every child working on their alphabet will really love this one!
8) Hugless Douglas- I love the illustrations in this one! Choose to read the story yourself or hear it read aloud by Alan Davies. Children will love exploring each page and discovering the touch activated animations on every screen.
9) Eric Carle’s My Very First App- Harper just started getting the hang of this one. This fun educational app has three matching games based on Eric Carle’s classic best-selling My Very First Books. The app contains 3 levels of game play: Easy (ages 1-3), Medium (ages 2 and up) and Hard (ages 3 and up). These gently increasing stages of difficulty can grow along with your child, and continue to challenge them throughout their early learning years.
Provided by Fried Pink Tomatoe